Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Lapis

Lore? Yes, give it to me. All of it.
Feb 11, 2021
San Antonio, Texas
'Nam. Its fun.

Game is buggy sometimes, VOIP breaks every now and then letting you spy on the enemy's chat. Still fun.

Any of y'all play?

• Lancer
Reactions: Generic

CJ

SEE YOU IN UTOPIA
Senior Administrator
Faction Lead
Early Supporter
Aug 10, 2019
I think it's collectioning dust on my virtual library somewhere might download it so we can game some at point

Lapis

Lore? Yes, give it to me. All of it.
Feb 11, 2021
San Antonio, Texas
Haven't heard of it :)
Has a 64 players (32v32) multiplayer format with multiple gamemodes, some of which are smaller at 16v16. The favorites seem to be Campaign (map of Vietnam, where you choose factions and slight buffs/debuffs every time you change map, and alternating teams pick a region to attack, and Territories which is a single map with 5 points (Alpha thru Echo) with either North or South Vietnam forces defending or attacking.
Southern Forces (US Army, USMC, ARVN, and ANZACs) get helicopters and all the niceties of a 1960s-1970s western military. Northern Forces (Viet Cong, Vietnamese Military) get traps, and cobbled Soviet, Chinese, and old French military equipment to use in battle. They also use squad tunnels to spawn instead of being able to spawn at their Squad Leader's location like the Southern factions.
Squad Leaders for both sides can mark fire support locations using binoculars or Signal Smokes if you're a Southern faction. One player on each team is also the Commander, who can call in Artillery and Scouting runs, and uniquely for the Southern forces are Napalm strikes (US Army, USMC), Spooky gunship support (US Army, USMC) and Carpet bombing runs (ANZACs). Northern force commanders can set up off-map AA missile positions to defend against the gunships, bombing runs, and any player helicopters who fly too high while they're active.

Game is currently buggy as all hell, but its still fun imo. Worth checking out if you have the desire to.

About us

• Lancer Networks is a Community currently focused on their Half-Life 2 Roleplay, with their primary aim being to provide users with a fun and enjoyable roleplay experience and their secondary aim to revive the HL2RP gamemode and bring old and new players to the scene.

Quick Navigation

User Menu